Sunday, March 1, 2009
Random thoughts.... this weekend the kids were with their dad. I love my children but it is nice to have a break at times. I'm always so glad to see them on Sundays when I pick them up though. This weekend I have had a ton of homework (and I am still not done with it). Had a deadline for doing an assignment on a test for Biology. Stayed up Friday night (actually Saturday morning) until 4:30am working on it. Finally got it emailed to my Biology teacher. Still have math and an outline on a paper for biology lab. As Saturday went by i started feeling worse and worse... and now am sick. I'm pretty sure I have strep throat and an ear infection. I've had strep often enough to know it when I feel it. So today I haven't got anything done and now the kids are back home. My outline isn't due until Tuesday so I can work on that tomorrow.... math... i will just have to try and wake up early and get most of it done.

I really enjoy school at SLCC. I have some classes at the Sandy campus and my Biology and lab are at the campus in Jordan.. off of bangeter and 90th south. I will be done with prereqs and have been trying to decide if I should apply for the Nursing program at SLCC or down at Provo College. Provo cost a TON more... seriously like buying an expensive HUMMER. but I would be able to start the program in Jan 2010. If I do the program at SLCC then I won't be able to start is until after 2012 .... the wait is 3-4 years but they have people drop out and change their majors and such so spots open up. Its a whole lot cheaper though. Say $15,000 apposed to $65,000 at Provo. What to do what to do. I really want to get out there in the field and start providing well for my kids... so we can buy a home and have our own little place and things. But I just don't know. I'm really leaning towards SLCC and I can work a different job the few years I am waiting to get into the Nursing program at SLCC. That will give me a chance to spend more time with my kids for a while as well. I know its been hard on them the last year with the divorce and me going to school. When I come home I have homework every night that takes hours to get done so I don't get to pay attention to them like I want to and like I know they want me to. So I think the break would be good before starting the nursing program which will be two more years of schooling with a whole lot more homework than what i am doing now, plus 12 hour days of clinicals. Life.... :) always something going on. But even with all of this going on, I am still happier than I have been in years.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying. - Martin Luther King

Mother, Sister, Friend...

Mother, Sister, Friend...
I love being me!

William and Jessica

William and Jessica
My beautiful kids!

Followers