Wednesday, April 14, 2010
I love my kids!  They are definitely a handful, but they keep me laughing and smiling much of the time.  It's April and we are so ready for warm weather so that we can play outside.  I think we all have cabin fever.  Its time for long walks, playing at the park, fishing, bike rides, jumping on the trampoline and much much more.  

Just 2 months and William will be done with the 4th grade.  The school year has gone by fast and he has had growth spurt, or several, throughout the year.  He started the school year off in a size 10 pants and I recently had to buy 14 to fit him.  Crazy!  He is an amazing kid and has done great in his class this year.  He is a good student, does his homework, tries to keep quiet in class and has good friends that he plays with.

William has been a great help to me this semester while I am trying to finish up my pre-reqs.  He will fix breakfast, lunch and help with dinner.  He plays with Jessica and has started reading to her at bedtime.  A month ago I took the TV out of Jessica's bedroom.  It has been a great thing for all of us.  She actually goes to sleep at night now.  I lay down with Jessica and William will read several stories, and she it asleep.  We have family time, William gets to practice his reading out loud, and Jessica is asleep hours sooner then she use to be, which means Mom gets to go to bed hours sooner than she use to.  Its been great!  :)

Jessica has been going to Speech Therapy for almost 2 months now.  It's been slow, but she is progressing.  She loves to go to therapy and "play" with Andrea (the pathologist).  I'm also learning new ways to work with Jessica and help her at home.  I love seeing her progress and hearing her use new words.  It has been a long time of frustration for Jessica and I both not being able to communicate and know what she wants   
or needs.  This process is going to take a long time, but it is so worth it.

I have been blessed with wonderful children, that teach me everyday.  They are my world.  I love you William and Jessica!

0 comments:

Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying. - Martin Luther King

Mother, Sister, Friend...

Mother, Sister, Friend...
I love being me!

William and Jessica

William and Jessica
My beautiful kids!

Followers